This beginner’s tutorial would explain how to perform autosum in Calc program in LibreOffice, OpenOffice.
When you are working with large spreadsheets containing a huge number of rows or columns with data, it is often needed autosum with a quick click of a menu or button instead of manually typing SUM function. LibreOffice, OpenOffice spreadsheet program Calc have this feature and here’s how you can do it.
Autosum in Calc
1. Open any Calc workbook with numbers and data, or open your own workbook.
2. Select the cell where you would like to put the autosum of your data.
3. Click on the sigma icon beside the formula bar and click Sum from the dropdown menu.
4. You can see the Sum is calculated automatically.
- If you select multiple columns with numbers, autosum detects all the data and gives you a quick sum.
- If your data have column labels which are text, autosum ignores the same and gives you the correct autosum.
Watch the video and subscribe.
Be an expert on LibreOffice.
Small and quality tutorials. Delivered. Thrice a week.