This is how you can edit pps or ppsx files using LibreOffice, OpenOffice Impress.
pps or ppsx files are PowerPoint presentation show files which is a standalone file which opens up directly in presentation mode (full screen). The pps / ppsx files are a great way of distributing presentation files for various needs.
However, if you need to edit pps, ppsx files via LibreOffice or OpenOffice Impress, it would be bit tricky. This is because, when you open the file, it opens up as full-screen presentation, eliminating the editor itself. This is quite obvious due to that fact that you are trying to open the “Show” version of the file in the first place.
But sometimes, you may not have the original ppt or pptx version of the file with you and you ended up with a ‘Show’ version of the file. There’s still hope and here’s how you can edit a pps, ppsx file in LibreOffice, OpenOffice Impress.
How to Edit PPS, PPSX File in LibreOffice, OpenOffice Impress
- Select the pps or ppsx file and right click to bring up the context menu.
- Select Open with LibreOffice/OpenOffice Impress.
- On the presentation mode which should be in full screen, right click to bring up the context menu.
- From the menu, select Edit Presentation.
- You should see the pps/ppsx file opened in LibreOffice/OpenOffice Impress presentation editor.
- Now you can change, modify and save as per your need for further processing.
Let us know if this article helped you for benefit of other users. Also comment if you are facing trouble following above instructions.
Be an expert on LibreOffice.
Small and quality tutorials. Delivered. Thrice a week.